Obama presidency ends, what are the results
Written by Disruptive Host on January 20, 2017
To be rather honest, it is difficult to give Obama credit for much of anything positive, other than breaking the tradition of electing only white men as president of the USA. However for anything substantial that has benefited the American people, there is very little to report.
We have often heard about the “economic recovery, and job growth”, but what that equates to, is that many employers turned their full time jobs in to many part time jobs at lower pay, to avoid mandates in the Obamacare (Affordable Care Act) guidelines. So while there are more jobs created, there are less full time jobs, and far less people actually in the workforce than ever.
Since coming to power, Obama has created 9.3 million new jobs. In his final State of the Union address, however, the president said: “We’re in the middle of the longest streak of private-sector job creation in history. More than 14 million new jobs; the strongest two years of job growth since the 1990s; an unemployment rate cut in half.”
The White House arrived at the 14 million figure by calculating the number of private sector jobs added to the economy since the lowest point of the Great Recession instead of from January 2009 when Obama was sworn in. The administration argued that policies to get the country out of crisis took time to come into effect.
On the other hand there is the fact that there are more people out of the workforce now, than since 1978. Unemployment only counts people who are still looking for a job, not those who have stopped looking for work, or who have retired.
Americans who are no longer in the workforce as of June 2016;
A record 94,708,000 Americans were not in the labor force in May — 664,000 more than in April — and the labor force participation rate dropped two-tenths of a point to 62.6 percent, near its 38-year low, the Labor Department’s Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Friday.
“While the unemployment rate is listed at 4.7% in the last report, the real health of the nation’s economy can be measured by the 95 million Americans who are no longer in the workforce. This number has increased by 15 million during the Obama years, surpassing any job growth that was created during his two terms.”
Columnist and editor for the NY Post, Michael Gray has a phrase to describe the time period of 2008 through 2015—The Great Fleecing
“During [The Great Fleecing], the greatest transfer of wealth in the history of the world occurred. Some $4.5 trillion was given to Wall Street banks through its Quantitative Easing program, with the American people picking up the IOU.”
National Debt (not including trade debt)
Medical Marijuana which was thought of during Obama’s original presidential campaign to be a focus that he would work on as president, ended up being a far worse policy than even George W. Bush, and more people by far were persecuted and prosecuted under Obama than W.
- Over the course of Obama’s first term as president, his administration spent nearly $300 million on marijuana enforcement in states where medical cannabis had already been legalized.
- Between 1996 and 2013, the federal government conducted 528 dispensary raids on medical marijuana dispensaries.
- During Obama’s first term as president, his administration oversaw 270 dispensary raids on medical marijuana dispensaries.
- Between 2009 and 2013, President Obama’s administration spent $100 million more cracking down on medical marijuana dispensaries than George W. Bush’s did.
Reference this video that I made on December 5th 2008 after the election and before Obama took office. I asked him if he would keep his promises about medical marijuana.
For a few other facts about Obama’s “accomplishments”;
- Sent 3,500 U.S. troops and tanks to Russia’s doorstep in one of his final decisions as president.
- Obama ordered ten times more drone strikes than Bush.
- In 2016 alone Obama dropped 26,171 bombs (an average of 72 bombs every day).
- Put boots on the ground in Syria , despite 16 times saying “no boots on the ground”.
- Despite campaign pledges, planned a $1 trillion progam to add more nuclear weapons to the US arsenal in the next 30 years.
- Dropped bombs in 7 Muslim countries; and then bragged about it .
- Said, “I believe in American exceptionalism with every fiber of my being.”
- Bragged about his use of drones – I’m “really good at killing people”.
- Deported a modern-record 2 million immigrants.
- Signed the Monsanto Protection Act into law.
- Started a new war in Iraq .
- Initiated, and personally oversees a ‘Secret Kill List’.
- Pushed for war on Syria while siding with al-Qaeda .
- Backed neo-Nazis in Ukraine.
- Supported Israel’s wars and occupation of Palestine.
- Deployed Special Ops to 134 countries – compared to 60 under Bush.
- Did a TV commercial promoting “clean coal”.
- Drastically escalated the NSA spying program .
- Signed the NDAA into law – making it legal to assassinate Americans w/o charge or trial.
- Given Bush absolute immunity for everything.
- Pushed for a TPP Trade Pact .
- Started a new war on terror – this one on ISIS .
- Signed more executive memoranda than any other president in history.
- Sold $30 billion of weapons to the dictatorship in Saudi Arabia.
- Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia .
- Opened a military base in Chile.
- Touted nuclear power , even after the disaster in Japan.
- Opened up deepwater oil drilling, even after the BP disaster.
- Mandated the Insider Threat Program which orders federal employees to report suspicious actions of their colleagues.
- Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports.
- Signed the Patriot Act extension into law.
- Launched 20,000 Airstrikes in his first term.
- Continued Bush’s rendition program.
- Said the U.S. is the “one indispensable nation” in the world.
- Waged war on Libya without congressional approval.
- Started a covert, drone war in Yemen.
- Escalated the proxy war in Somalia.
- Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan.
- Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan.
- Repealed the Propaganda ban, making it legal to spread government propaganda via news outlets.
- Assassinated 4 US citizens with drone strikes.
I have made a separate analysis of common core, this is one of Obama’s biggest failures. Education standards have dropped significantly under President Obama.
Click the video to play
Will Donald Trump be any better at improving the economy? It has yet to be seen as he takes office tomorrow. However, he has already with the help of his vice-president elect Mike Pence saved thousands of jobs from going to Mexico and other country.